Using data as a basis for research articles is becoming increasingly important. With the help of online publishing technology, information is becoming more available and information services become blooming to support users in the best way, so information is used and reused. In the world today, the trend of “big data” in different fields is being used, reused and shared to shorten the time not only to study and shorten the process. forming works and products. At the same time, the deeper exploitation of data on research, sharing and management of these data has become a global problem. And also because of the potential of exploiting, using, sharing and reusing raw data/research data (research data) is becoming a problem that many international organizations have adjusted their policies to encourage, sponsor, even authorize researchers, research institutes and organizations to make this data available and open access.
The definition of research data is currently controversial to come up with a unified concept, because the form and content of data in different fields are different.
The concept of research data can also be understood and interpreted in many different ways. In 2005, the National Science Foundation published a report entitled “Developing a digital collection of long-term nature: encouraging Research and development of education in the 21st century ”(Long-Lived Digital Data Collections: Enabling Research and Education in the 21st Century) mentioned that it is possible to divide datas by their origin, because these data can be data about experiments, computers or observations. In which observational data can be observations of noise or observations of the attitude of voters before the general election. Data about the computer may result from the simulation model implementation or may be configuration information such as hardware and software. Data on research and experiments such as gene expression patterns or chemical reaction rates.
During the life cycle of research, research data was created from the first processes of conducting reviews, processing, analyzing, preserving, accessing and reusing data to create new information. According to the UK Data Storage Association, the research life cycle is formed and linked together to form a circular link supporting each other.
In some cases, research data is defined as records, or evidence, of the content of information that may be in physical, electronic or other forms. The European Union’s Economic and Educational Development and Cooperation Agency said it was difficult to distinguish research data and primary data, in some cases confusing the researcher.
The role of research data management for agencies, organizations and library agencies
Having said that, behind the success of scientists is the success of the research and organization agencies that have been accompanying those researchers. For universities and research institutes, providing a specific strategy in managing this valuable resource brings a lot of economic benefits as well as fame. According to author Elsevier this can be seen in several aspects:
– Research data management brings an improvement in the quality and quantity of the outputs because the research speed will increase along with the reliability of the research articles that will improve when the research data is accessed open, available for evaluation.
– Increasing publication and increasing impact index: The availability of research data will increase publishing, leading to the explosion of debate of many views, sharing leads to increase the influence of the article, creating many quotes.
– Enhance collaboration: Shared data is a start for collaboration, as researchers seek to understand how results are collected and exchange views in analysis and resolution like a problem.
In order to exploit the full potential of research data, it is required that each agency, information center and library need to develop appropriate development and cooperation strategies that promote the implementation of the strategy and Open access policy, ensuring financial approval and technological support for open access and easy access to documents. However, at the same time, there are also policies to protect ownership and personal information and privacy, along with data security and safety standards to build systems for use. Use and look up data. In addition, it is necessary to have a strategy for re-using information, serving for data activities that will be discovered and reused through publications, in which the core activity is to implement a first publication solution advanced review of the publication of data, software and citation methods. The process of censoring, installing and creating unique digital object identifiers for relevant data and data. Moreover, the task of the centers and libraries – the information in this activity is to ensure that the data is connected to each other, so they can easily be searched by users or partners. in that agency or user community outside the agency. To promote data can be found, data link programs need to be installed and set up. For example, Harvard University links journalists’ research articles to databases at both research institutes and archives that are interlinked across multiple disciplines. Supporting searching for a while on multiple effective databases is also an issue that needs to be considered.
So, what are the benefits of data management for researchers? Simply for researchers, there is an argument that perhaps there is no need to convince them the importance of research data because more than anyone they understand this, however there are many researchers. Still do not understand the importance and potential of sharing this resource with the research community that can be listed in the following key points:
– Enhancing cooperation: Sharing is cooperation and in particular this helps to control and re-evaluate the results of the studies.
– Increasing impact indicators and publishing activities: Sharing the research and managing them effectively helps the research process to be shortened, more works are published, increasing the research level, increasing the The index cited by the researcher and credibility of the researcher.
– Increasing the distribution of studies: Access to research data resources increases the distribution of these studies to many different databases, promoting data exchange and reuse.
Data storage form at the information center – library in Vietnam
In Vietnam, the form of research data storage is quite new, according to a survey of some information centers – libraries and research institutes showed that most of them do not have this form of storage service. Library services still stop in the form of serving users to use and look up information such as the service of providing documents on demand, library registration, document digitization and preservation. document. With the current trend, the researchers at the units and research institutes have been able to bring both material and reputation benefits to the agency, so each information center – library needs must understand the importance of research data as a valuable source of data, but accompanied by the requirement of skilled and highly qualified human resources, finance to maintain and create them. In order to accompany the development trend, information centers – libraries need detailed planning for supporting the collection and management of this data source by identifying the following objectives:
– Which research data will be generated and will be collected.
– Who will be responsible for each aspect of management activity that the researcher will hand over the data.
– What policies should be included including financial and legal activities that will apply to that data.
– What kind of data will be organized.
– What equipment will be needed: hardware, software, data backup, storage and storage.
– Who will have ownership and access.
– How research data will be preserved and openly opened in time.
With the continuous development of scientific and technological advances, more and more new researches have been created to serve the needs and development of people, which also poses new challenges for the information centers. believe – the library is how to manage the research resources effectively, promote the research process and shorten the study time. Researchers, scientists, scholars, and scientific enthusiasts are creating day and night volumes of data, which poses challenges to information centers – libraries must invest in infrastructure floors and human resources to collect and manage this valuable data source.